WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We want prose (fiction), and poetry from African writers either living on the continent or abroad. However all pieces must be in English.
The work which must be original should endeavor highlight the challenges faced by people of the continent on individual lever or collectively, and ways in which they have solved them, if they have.
All work must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single attachment in one of the following file formats: .doc, .docx.
Include a cover letter in the body of your e-mail providing your contact details (name – not the pseudonym you write under – address, email and phone number), a brief publication history, a bio of no more than 100 words and a profile photo.
- Flash fiction pieces should not exceed 1,000 words each.
- Short fiction should be no more than 5,000
- Reviews should be between 800and 2,000
- Poetry, 1000
- Please don’t send revised drafts of works that you have previously submitted, unless we specifically ask for them.
- Do not send us art if it has been published anywhere other than on your portfolio, unless we specifically request it.